Free PostgreSQL 9 High Availability Cookbook [eBook]
PostgreSQL, often known as simply “Postgres”, is an object-relational database management system (ORDBMS) with an emphasis on extensibility and standards-compliance. From hardware selection to software stacks and horizontal scalability, this free ebook PostgreSQL 9 High Availability Cookbook will help you build a versatile PostgreSQL cluster that will survive crashes, resist data corruption, and grow smoothly with customer demand.
The free ebook PostgreSQL 9 High Availability Cookbook starts with selecting the necessary hardware to handle multiple failure scenarios with redundancy. Then, it discusses how to automate and visualize these checks with Nagios, check_mk, and Graphite. It will finally round off by tackling the complex problem of data scalability.
e-Mail Subscription: instant updates into your inbox.
- Protect your data with PostgreSQL replication and management tools such as Slony, Bucardo, and Londiste
- Choose the correct hardware for redundancy and scale
- Prepare for catastrophes and prevent them before they happen
- Reduce database resource contention with connection pooling
- Automate monitoring and alerts to visualize cluster activity using Nagios and collectd
- Construct a robust software stack that can detect and fix outages
- Design a scalable schema architecture to handle billions of queries